From our Blog
The buzz around the bike shop...
We will be going riding Sunday and Monday, so we’ll be closed up on the 26th and 27th. Sorry for any inconvenience.
4pm to 6pm
WASHINGTON PARK BIKE LUNCH
Give a Roar for Four More – Join in the Fun on May 11
Devou Park MTB Trails
Get Righteous w/ Ribbon Cutting, Group Rides and All Sorts of Two-Wheeled Festivities
The ribbon-cutting ceremony for Phase II – which adds a remarkable four more miles of trails – will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2013 as part of a full day of bike-utopia in Covington, KY. The Day starts at Roebling Point at 9am for Bike. Pop. Wow, the first pop-up bike shop ever in the Cincinnati metro area (9am to noon, located on Park Place between Court St. and Greenup St. in the Roebling Point neighborhood.)
The day continues with the Ribbon Cutting ceremony for the new trails at Devou Park. This portion of the day starts at 1pm at the incinerator, which is located at the base of the trail off Sleepy Hollow Rd.
Group riding and general mischief will commence after the informal formalities of opening the new section of trails at 1pm. Evening festivities will continue from 4pm until ? at Simpler Times Bar and Grill in Ludlow, KY. Media, dignitaries and, of course, families of hikers, runners and mountain bike riders of all ages are invited to attend.
Please help celebrate our privilege to enjoy natural surface trails within Devou Park this May 11. This pretty much means that Covington is the center of the universe for two-wheeled talent and upright raucousness. Attending both events via self propulsion makes the day even more raucous.
Trail Expansion Project
Trail expansion in Devou Park is a multi-year, multi-phase project. The Devou Park Trail Expansion Project is a joint effort between the Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance, the Kentucky Mountain Bike Association, and the City of Covington.
Devou Park is a 703-acre park managed by the City of Covington Administration. William Devou purchased the Eubank house (current Behringer-Crawford Museum) and land in 1848. In 1910, the land was given to the City of Covington by the Devou family in memory of their parents (the donation stipulated that the land must be used as a free park to the public). Read more →